For this episode, we answer some listener-submitted questions, including
- How do I answer those annoying questions like "tell me about a time when you had a difficult stakeholder" or "a challenge with a teammate", especially when I don't have a good example?
- How do we deal with the farce of companies expecting everyone to have a cogently designed professional brand and career when sometimes we choose jobs based on things that have nothing to do with that concept in the slightest?
- In this tight UX job market, how do I convince myself to wait for an opportunity that I know is a true fit for me, rather than taking the first role I’m offered?
- What are hiring processes actually optimized for? Do people really know what they're doing when assessing candidates? (short answer: a lot of the time, no).
- Do Amy & Laura actually drink while recording the show?
Got a job search/hiring topic request? Reach out to Amy on LinkedIn and we can cover it in a future episode.